The Store Manager is responsible for the overall sales, profitability, customer service, visual strategies, operations, and inventory management for an assigned location. The Store Manager supervises and motivates the store team, providing inspiration to drive sales and exceed customer service expectation through coaching, providing effective feedback and reward and recognizing accomplishments. Store Managers must promote a fun and positive work environment that fosters open communication, encourages teamwork and inspires creativity.
Areas of Responsibility
Models the Paper Source Customer Service Experience
- Consistently performs, leads by example and coaches staff to exemplify the customer engagement behaviors outlined in CREATE training:
- Connect with every customer by greeting them warmly, asking open-ended questions and engaging them in product related conversations.
- Respond to customers’ immediate needs
- Explore your customers’ needs and demonstrate products at the demo table, on the sales floor and at the custom print station.
- Add relevant products to complete the project, take it to the next level and help with their whole checklist.
- Thank every customer regardless of purchase.
- Empower customers to complete their creative projects at home and build customer loyalty
- Exhibits an attitude that is one of positive, can do and customer first with all customers.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in technology in order to accurately and efficiently process customer transactions professionally and in compliance with the Paper Source policy; sales, returns, gift certificates, special orders, etc.
- Manages store operations and visual merchandising standards to ensure a ‘grand opening’ look and feel to our customers.
- Resolve customer service related issues using good business judgment and elevating as needed to the Area/Regional Manager.
Inspire customers through impressive product knowledge
- Inspire our customers and staff about Paper Source’s unique product offerings through product stories, understanding and selling of our core businesses such as cards and envelopes and custom print.
- Demonstrate, model and coach consistent selling behaviors that inspire our customers towards a greater connection with our products through registration and selling of workshops and special events to achieve company goals.
- Understand customers’ needs and projects to be able to make meaningful suggestions for additional purchases to achieve company goals.
- Completes all required training modules and has a clear understanding of all available tools and resources to enhance the selling experience.
Drives sales and profitability through Key Performance Indicators and Manager on Duty leadership
- Utilize and analyze company business reporting to drive stores sales, conversion and profit plans to exceed budget through successful leadership, organizational plans, customer service, and outstanding execution of all field operations strategies, consistently.
- Demonstrate and hold team accountable to consistent selling behaviors that inspire our customers towards a greater connection with our products through registration and selling of workshops and special events to achieve company goals.
- Sells the benefits associated with capturing email addresses in our customer registry.
- Utilizes in-store training tools and works with staff and customers to suggest “add ons” that ensure an ADT of > than $30, with a UPT of 7 per sales transaction.
- Communicates, drives and tracks custom print orders and card/envelope product sales to budgets
- Utilizes key reporting tools and monthly hindsight to drive business and implement plans to improve store performance
- Act as Manager-on-Duty
- Takes ownership of all store functions
- Sets up for success through planning, goal setting and communication
- Motivates the team to work together to achieve goals
- Coaches to reinforce positive behavior and challenge negative behavior
- Overcomes obstacles to achieve KPI goals and operational standards
- Motivates, inspires and communicates to the team, hourly sales and ADT goals during MOD shift along with results, and coaches in the moment performance opportunities.
Create a visually appealing store through merchandise presentation
- Consistently execute the company visual presentation and merchandising standards to guidance, inclusive of product presentation, sampling, signing, and lighting. Our windows must represent a great first impression with clear, creative messages related to the brand offering.
- Ensure stores are “closing to open” and that throughout the day, clear and defined associate floor zoning and management occurs to maintain visual/merchandising standards, coupled with an outstanding customer engagement culture.
Executes consistent operational excellence
- Manage product integrity process and ensure that each store associate is trained and compliant with all basic inventory management/movement/receiving processes.
- Consistently execute quality inventory practices with receiving, restocking, transfers, and managing inventory discrepancies and negative on hands.
- Execute accurate and detailed in store/product cycle counts and inventories as planned and communicated.
- Understand and administer the Store Operations/HR policies and procedures and ensure consistent compliance and acceptable audit scores.
- Responsible to communicate daily the company/store objectives to store teams through consistent structured communication process.
- Execute opening and closing store procedures including paperwork to company standards.
- Manage training, communication and continued awareness of all policy and procedures including safety and maintenance to ensure compliance and acceptable store operational audit results.
Recruit/hire/train and develop as well as, retain top talent in stores
- Actively recruits and networks for all store level open positions. Ensure staff availability agreements along with a hiring/training plan is in place to support the in store experience and sales goals while managing labor budget/models and AHR goals.
- Responsible to ensure that all associates are current and up to date with product knowledge, product use, and related product market basket application through a commitment to formalized training and development within prescribed time lines and standards.
- Responsible for managing and tracking store team creative training goals; 4 core creatives completed within first six weeks of hire; 3 hours of continuing creative training 3 times annually.
- Responsible for managing and tracking custom print training for the store team to ensure it is completed within 6 weeks of hire, and a complete and accurate order is taken with in 9 weeks of hire and quarterly there after.
- Ensure the overall people plan of the store reflects high standards, bench and succession planning, coupled with consistent mentoring and people development for future management needs, including administration of the 90-day and annual performance appraisal process.
Education / Experience Requirements
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive responsibility in retail store operations, with successful and progressive specialty store responsibility.
- Outstanding leadership skills. Inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead a team, train talent and effect change. Able to balance the need of delivering a creative experience, and a profitable result. Willing and able to be a “doer” and “influencer”.
- A visual merchandising eye for current trends, color, inspiration and creativity.
- Demonstrated passion for the Paper Source brand and its products with an arts and crafts background.
- Solid time management organization and focus on ability to prioritize and multi task, with laser like focus to detail.
- Required to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, which will require night and weekend shifts.
- Ability to work with /around cleaning chemicals and various art supplies.
- Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom. May include repetitive bending, prolonged standing, twisting, and lifting of up to 30 pounds.
How to Apply
Apply directly on line,or email resume to - firstname.lastname@example.org